top of page
Social Media Support Officer
RANA- Rescue Animals of North Africa is a UK based registered charity that rescues animals across Libya and Tunisia and strives to find their “forever home” with loving people within the UK. We are a small charity and we give up our free time because we are passionate about saving animals from the terrible conditions and neglect that they are suffering.
We are looking for someone with advertising and organisation skills, who shares our passion for animals and has the drive to make a difference, to be our Social Media Support Officer.
The key aims of this role are:
- Advertising animals looking for adoption and foster on all forms of social media
- Making contacts to increase our supporter and follower base.
- Being an ambassador for RANA: spreading the word about what we do and the realities for animals in North Africa.
- Improving fundraising opportunities.
The duties of the post holder will include:
- Posting on Twitter, Instagram and other social media outlets.
- Ensuring the blog is up to date with all details of animals and events (eg animals found, animals due to travel, animals looking for homes, fundraiser links).
- Aiding fundraising ideas and sharing/promoting fundraising events.
- Promoting specific campaigns, promotions and competitions.
- Identifying and approaching prominent individuals, groups or companies that may be potential followers and donators.
- Aiming to get possible donations, prizes for competitions etc
The ideal candidate will:
- Be extremely IT literate with experience in using social media for advertising.
- Have received/be undertaking a degree in social media studies or can show a high level of understanding and creative usage.
- Be self-motivated and extremely pro-active. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions!
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
If you think that you have what we are looking for and would like to join our team and benefit from working with like-minded individuals, making a difference to the lives of animals, while boosting your CV and gaining practical experience, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Send your CV and a bit about yourself to: email@example.com
This is an unpaid post but we promise to give glowing recommendations for those who go over and above and show commitment to the team.
There is also the chance that we will cover the costs of a trip to Tunisia, so you can get hands on experience with the animals and see what we are fighting so hard for!
bottom of page